Information on this section of ECOLEX comes from the InforMEA Portal which compiled information from MEA Secretariats with the support of the European Union. The accuracy of the information displayed is the responsibility of the originating data source. In case of discrepancy the information as displayed on the respective MEA website prevails.
Financial arrangement for the administration of the convention
- Document type
- Reference number
- C1 - DEC.8
- Sep 4, 2013
- UNEP, InforMEA
Recalling Article 15, paragraph 2 of the Bamako Convention on the Ban of the Import into Africa and the Control of Transboundary Movement and Management of Hazardous Wastes within Africa that states that the Conference of the Parties shall adopt rules financial rules to determine in particular the financial rules to determine in particular the financial participation of the Parties to this Convention. ;
Further recalling that Article 14 of the Convention ;
1. Adopts the Financial Rules for the administration of the Bamako Convention on the Ban of the Import into Africa and the Control of Transboundary Movement and Management of Hazardous Wastes within Africa (Bamako Convention) annexed hereto (Annex I). The adoption of the above rules is without prejudice to any decision that may later be adopted in relation to the scale of contributions;
2. Establishes a Revolving Fund for Assistance in case of Emergency situations, in accordance with article 14.3 of the Bamako Convention ; and
3. Adopts the scale of contributions to the regular budget and to the Revolving Fund for Assistance in case of Emergency situations annexed hereto (Annex II);
4. Establishes a Trust Fund for the Bamako Convention , in accordance with article 14.4 of the Bamako Convention and with Financial Rule 5 for the administration of the Bamako Convention; and
5. Encourages Parties and non-Parties to make voluntary contributions into the Trust Fund as soon as possible to ensure the smooth implementation of the decisions of the Conference.