Information on this section of ECOLEX comes from the InforMEA Portal which compiled information from MEA Secretariats with the support of the European Union. The accuracy of the information displayed is the responsibility of the originating data source. In case of discrepancy the information as displayed on the respective MEA website prevails.
Transmission of Information
- Type du document
- Numéro de référence
- C1 - DEC.20
- Sep 4, 2013
- UNEP, InforMEA
Recalling Article 13 of the Bamako Convention on the Ban of the Import into Africa and the Control of Transboundary Movement and Management of Hazardous Wastes within Africa ;
Recognizing that the fulfillment of obligations under Article 13 of the Convention might constitute a burden for most of the Parties
1. Endorses on an interim basis the Transmission of Information Form annexed hereto (Annex I);
2. Requests the Parties to provide reports in accordance with Article 13 for the calendar year 2014 using this Form as endorsed by this meeting;
3. Instructs the Legal and Technical Working Group (LTWG) to revise and amend the Form for consideration at the next Conference of the Parties;
4. Requests the Secretariat to prepare country-fact sheets after Parties have fulfilled their first reporting requirements and subsequent ones under the Bamako Convention and to make such information available on a regular basis to the Parties, Non Parties, any other related Convention Secretariats, institutions and agencies having a direct interest in the environmentally sound management of hazardous wastes.
5. Further requests the Secretariat to provide Parties with advice for the management of information on hazardous wastes;
6. Encourages the Secretariat to seek and identify the necessary funding to assist Parties upon request to set up procedures and other arrangements to facilitate the collection of their data and the preparation of inventories of hazardous wastes;
7. Encourages the Parties that are in a position to do so to collaborate with and assist the Parties in need in setting up procedures and other arrangements to facilitate the collection of data and preparation of inventories of hazardous wastes;
8. Further requests the Secretariat to establish a clearinghouse mechanism and link it to other relevant clearinghouses or databases managed by regional organizations or members, and also with other relevant Secretariats of Conventions.
9. Encourages the Secretariat to identify necessary funds to hold a training workshop on Reporting and Inventories of Hazardous Wastes for focal points, competent authorities and Dump watches.