The Conference of the Parties
1. Adopts the revised Terms of Reference for the Working Group on Spatial Development;
2. Welcomes the results of the Consultative Workshop "Moving towards a Carpathian Strategy" held by Spatial Development Working Group on 25 January 2011 in Brussels;
3. Considers and adopts the Strategic Action Plan for the Carpathian Area as a strategic briefing drawing attention to the Carpathian Convention process in the context of the discussions regarding the future European Union Territorial Cooperation Funding Programme;
4. Supports the implementation and calls for the further development of the Strategic Action Plan for the Carpathian Area, providing tangible benefits to the Carpathian regions, as an important contribution to the European Strategy for the Danube Region, and recommends the use of the Strategic Action Plan to be considered in discussions within existing and future European Union macroregional strategies and programmes;
5. Emphasizes the importance of full involvement of and support to this process by all relevant stakeholders, in particular the competent national authorities, regional and local authorities as well as civil society and private sector;
6. Invites the European Parliament, the European Commission, the Committee of the Regions, the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe, and the Euroregions located in the Carpathians, to support the process;
7. Appreciates the support of the Association of Elected Representatives from Mountain Regions and of the Association of European Border Regions in the process and invites their further cooperation.