1. In accordance with Rule 14 of the Rules of Procedure for the Conference of the Parties, each Party participating in a meeting shall be represented by a delegation consisting of a head of delegation and such other accredited representatives, alternate representatives and advisers as it may require. A representative may be designated as an alternate head of delegation. An alternate representative or an adviser may act as a representative upon designation by the head of delegation.
2. Furthermore, in accordance with Rule 20 of the rules of procedure, the credentials of representatives and the names of alternate representatives and advisers shall be submitted to the Executive Secretary of the Conference of the Parties or the representative of the Executive Secretary if possible not later than twenty-four hours after the opening of the meeting. Any later change in the composition of the delegation shall also be submitted to the Executive Secretary or the representative of the Executive Secretary.
3. The present report is submitted to the Conference of the Parties in the light of the foregoing.
Credentials of the Parties of the First Meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Carpathian Convention
4. On 12 December 2006, the Executive Secretary of the Conference of the Parties examined the credentials delivered by the Parties/Signatories to the Convention*.
5. The credentials of the Representatives of the Parties/Signatories were found to be in conformity with the Rules of Procedure for the Conference of the Parties. It is therefore proposed that the Conference of the Parties recognize their validity.
* The Czech Republic, the Republic of Hungary, the Republic of Poland, Romania, the Republic of Serbia, the Slovak Republic and Ukraine.