The Conference of the Parties
1. welcomes the work of the Working Group on Cultural Heritage and Traditional Knowledge and takes note of its report as contained in the document UNEP/CC/COP2/2, appreciates the valid contributions by ANPED, and invites Parties and other stakeholder to ensure the proper follow-up;
2. welcomes the definition of Carpathian Heritage as "the diversity of natural and cultural and mixed tangible and intangible assets, and their interaction, which serve for maintaining Carpathian Unity and Identity" developed by the Working Group, as a useful instrument for delineating the work and responsibilities in protecting and managing the Carpathian heritage;
3. welcomes the recommendations as contained in the Annex to the report in the document UNEP/CC/COP2/2 based on consultations carried out in the Carpathian Region by ANPED, and decides to develop and establish a "Carpathian Heritage Inventory", as a tool for the identification, protection and promotion of Carpathian Heritage;
4. welcomes the ANPED’s proposal to develop a programme of practical activities to support the Carpathian Heritage Inventory, and encourages Parties to collaborate and support the development of the Carpathian Heritage Inventory as well as a programme of practical activities in support of Carpathian heritage, as proposed in the report;
5. urges Parties and invites relevant stakeholders to continue to support the preservation of local breeds and cultivated plants in the Framework of the Carpathian Convention;
6. invites National Focal Points to continue actions to inform and cooperate with the relevant ministries and sectors (particularly Ministries of Culture and UNESCO National Focal Points) and calls upon them to be involved in this work.