The Conference of the Parties
1. reiterates the importance of the implementation of the provisions on Article 6 of the Convention on sustainable and integrated water/river basin management;
2. welcomes the "Report on water resources and natural disasters (climate change) and flood risk mapping" produced by the INTERREG IIIB Carpathian Project;
3. recalls paragraph 6 of decision COP1/5 on Sustainable and integrated water/river basin management and reiterates the desirability of and requests the interim Secretariat to develop and sign a Memorandum of Cooperation with the International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River (ICPDR);
4. requests the interim Secretariat to continue its cooperation with the Tisza River Group established under the ICPDR and within the UNDP GEF Tisza River Project on behalf of the Conference of the Parties;
5. requests the interim Secretariat to consider in consultation with the Parties the further development and joint programming in the area of integration of water resources and land use planning, in particular concerning wetlands, natural water resources, springs, lakes and ground water resources, as well as biodiversity conservation and adaptation to climate change, taking into account experiences made in sustainable and integrated water/river basin management and land use planning of the relevant river basins of the Black Sea and Baltic Sea catchment areas in the Carpathians.