The Conference of the Parties
1. welcomes the work of the Working Group on Sustainable Industry, Energy, Transport and Infrastructure and takes note of its report as contained in the document UNEP/CC/COP2/2, and invites Parties and other stakeholders to ensure the proper follow-up;
2. welcomes and encourages further cooperation between the interim Secretariat of the Carpathian Convention and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), and the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) on the issue of renewable energy;
3. welcomes the results of the "Regional Workshop on Renewable Energy in the Carpathians" (Lviv, May 2008) as a contribution to the Carpathian Convention implementation process;
4. requests Parties and other stakeholders to pay special attention to the issue of sustainability in the production, distribution and use of renewable energy, as well as the issue of energy efficiency, in the development and implementation of projects and report back to the Carpathian Convention Implementation Committee (CCIC);
5. welcomes the regional project on renewable energy developed jointly by UNIDO, FAO and UNEP, being submitted to the Intelligent Energy Europe Programme, and requests the interim Secretariat, in cooperation with UNIDO, to assist, through the National Focal Points, the Carpathian countries in the development of additional proposals for the submission to the GEF and/or other funding mechanisms.